It was a cold dark night ..., strike that. It was a chilly bright morning with the snow just beginning to melt. -15C was a pretty warm day, the warmest we've had in a while in Winnipeg.
I was at the Forks this morning and everywhere I looked I saw people with red hats, I was also in a red hat. It was the annual Santa Shuffle, a 5K
Apparently this was one of the warmest Santa Shuffles in memory. It looked to be a lot of fun with families and dogs participating.
There was a hiccup at the start concerning the directions, after all the turning and modifications I found myself at the back of the crowd with my team-mates(fellow Newflyer employees). This meant that when the race started I had to run past the slow runners, over the snow(the path was packed).
At the end of the day it was a fun run and not a race, and I did have fun. Wasn't expecting to break any records, and I didn't.
Next stop Resolution Run.


No comments:
Post a Comment